First of all, you need to be aware of Instagram’s API limitations and requirements.
In order to report your Instagram activities with Reportz.io:
- Your Instagram account has to be business account
You can switch to BUSINESS ACCOUNT simply by clicking on “Switch to business account”
- You need to connect your Instagram business account with a FB Page you have a function on (moderator, editor or admin)
- If you just changed your account from private to business, you will have no data history. This is because Instagram API gives access just for business accounts and will collect data from the first day you have switched from private to business account.
If you have a private account, you will need to change it to business:
First, click on the three dots in the upper right screen.
Next step is to click on Switch to Business Account.
After that, you will be asked to choose the FB Page you want to connect with. This is essential, since that step is mandatory in order to have a business account.
NOTE: In order to connect/claim FB Page, you need to have a certain role on that page (moderator, editor or Admin)
After you have done that, fill in the needed info and choose the category.
That’s it, you have switched your profile from personal to business. :)
Now, jump to Reportz.io and do this simple setup:
- Click on ACCOUNT SETUP > SOURCES > INSTAGRAM > ADD ACCOUNT
After you have added your account, it should look like this:
Next step is going back to dashboard and creating a widget:
Click on Select Service > Instagram > Account > Profile
If you’ve done all the previous steps correctly, the Instagram profile you want to report from should appear:
After choosing the CUSTOM widget, you will see the drop-down menu with possible METRICS.
After you have chosen the metric you want to show, the second metrics drop-down menu will appear. You can choose one or all of the metrics from there.
Now that you have chosen the metrics you want to show, the last step is:
- Giving your widget a name
- Widget description
- Setting dimensions
- Choosing widget type/style
- Rolling it out! :)
Finally, your widget should look like this.
That was easy, right? :)
If you have any questions, be sure to contact us via our Intercom Support channel or reach out directly on [email protected]
Have a great day!