Important notice: To use the latest version of WooCommerce API you must be using:
- WooCommerce 3.5+
- WordPress 4.4+
- Pretty permalinks in Settings > Permalinks so that the custom endpoints are supported. Default permalinks will not work.
Generating API key
The WooCommerce API works on a key system to control access. These keys are linked to WordPress users on your website.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > REST API.
- Select Add Key. You are taken to the Key Details screen.
- Add a Description. (Here you can add something like “Reportz integration”)
- Select the User you would like to generate a key for in the dropdown.
- Select a level of access. For this, API key should be Read or Read/Write access.
- Select Generate API Key, and WooCommerce will create the API key for the selected user.
Connecting WooCommerce to Reportz
- Go to your Company Sources and find the WooCommerce logo.
- Click on the + button.
- Insert your Website URL. Please include the full URL with the “https://”!
- Insert the previously generated consumer & client key and separate them with a | as shown in the example below.